The Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust is committed to making good things happen in our community. Since its inception the Trust has returned over $100 million by way of grants to a range of community causes in Rotorua.
Here you will find all the latest updates with the Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust including media releases, 2016 annual report, newsletters, etc.
Since the year 2000 the Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust has been collecting and bringing home important local artworks which now represent a valuable historical record of Rotorua's artistic endeavour.
Funding Towards Operating Costs
The Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust aims to help organisations which carry out charitable or energy related charitable activities that have a clear ability to improve and benefit the Rotorua District community.
Trustees are keen to provide these organisations with a degree of funding certainty and will consider funding towards operational costs for a period of up to three years.
Most local groups eligible for funding of operational costs will have been invited to submit their application for consideration by 31 December 2015.
Applications from eligible groups that are not already the recipient of this funding option can still be considered on their individual merits.
Please note, applications for operational costs are treated separately from the Trustâ€™s standard grant application process.
Criteria for Operating Cost Grants
In order to be considered for funding of operational costs, applicant organisations need to be:
- Formerly constituted (i.e. a charitable trust or incorporated society) and in operation for at least two years; and
- Registered with Charities
Applicants will also need to demonstrate a reasonable degree of self-sufficiency.
Who Can Apply for Funding of Operating Costs?
In general, provided applicants meet the above criteria, applications for funding of Operational Costs will be considered from:
- Community organisations which offer their services for the benefit of the public and contribute to community well-being including organisations involved in the area of support for Older Persons and Youth;
- Organisations involved in the promotion of Art and Culture within the community;
- Groups which give their time and resources to solving or alleviating social problems;
- Organisations undertaking energy related charitable activities.
All successful organisations will be required to sign a contract agreeing to the terms and conditions applicable.
Payment of the annual funding approved will be made in two equal instalments, on 30 April and 30 October each year.
Applications for Operating Costs will NOT be considered for the following:
- for individuals
- for travel
- for organisations to make endowments
How to Apply
If you think your group may qualify, please call us during working hours on 07 347 6239 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org